Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
Summary from Goodreads: Insurgent is a 2012 science fiction young adult novel by American novelist Veronica Roth, the second book in the Divergent trilogy. As the sequel to the 2011 bestseller Divergent, it continues the story of Tris Prior and the dystopian post-apocalyptic version of Chicago. Following the events of the previous novel, a war now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. While trying to save the people that she loves, Tris faces questions of grief, forgiveness, identity, loyalty, politics, and love.
Ummmmm….. I don’t know what to think. I actually changed my review from 2 stars to 1 star. I think I wasted my 3 free hours on trying to finish this book, to which I was optimistic that it would be amazing. Below, I will list my pros and cons.
Pros (not really a spolier here but for people who don’t know it, it is):
FourTris was basically the only part I actually liked.
1. WHAT THE ASDFGHJLLKJSBDH HAPPENED WITH EVELYN???????????
I suspected she was a little questionable but DANG.
2. After her escaping with`Tobias being a simulation, I was so unsure of whether the rest of the book was a simulation.
3. WHAT THE HEY TRIS?? ABANDONING EVERY WILL TO LIVE UNTIL YOU ALMOST DIE??????
4. Peter. I was confused who he was allied with the rest of the book.
5. Little action towards the end. I was waiting for it to pick up, but it never did.
Love at last word: Eh. Not really. I’m going to see the movie so I hope that will renew my hope in the Divergent series.