Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti Review (Spoilers as always) 4 STARS!
Summary form Goodreads:
What if your boyfriend was the world’s biggest rockstar?
Sterling is crazy in love with Ethan. Not only is he the sweetest boy she’s ever met, but he’s an incredibly talented guitarist, singer, and songwriter. And since forever, he’s believed he has what it takes to be a star.
When Ethan becomes an overnight sensation, he’s thrown head-first into the glam world of celebrity-and so is Sterling. Before she knows it, she’s attending red-carpet premieres, getting free designer clothes, and flying around the country to attend Ethan’s monumental sold-out concerts.
It’s a dream come true…but whose dream is Sterling living? And what do you do when “forever” comes to an end?
I was and wasn’t expecting this book. I thought Ethan and Sterling would end up together and that Ethan wouldn’t do what he did.
Here are some things I liked and hated:
1. The idea of a couple dealing with one of them’s rise to fame.
2. Sterling and her Gram’s relationship (until the end (why wouldn’t she tell Sterling about her condition????))
1. How Sterling kept saying Melting (fill in blank). (fill in blank). (place). It was repetitive and annoying.
2. What Ethan did to Sterling. He was such a good boyfriend who cared about Sterling until he got famous and busy. He made time for her hardly at all. He CHEATED ON HER WITH A FAN FOR A FEW FLIPPING DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IN HIS RIGHT MIND WAS THAT EVEN POSSIBLY OKAY?????
3. How Sterling reacts to Damien’s witholding of information. She wasn’t understanding at all. I understand that she was vulnerable at the time but she acted totally irrationally by kicking him out and ignoring him.
4. Ethan’s excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Once Ethan became famous, all he said were excuses about how he didn’t have time and that it was a lapse of judgment. NO IT WASN’T!!!!! YOU HAD A FLIPPING GIRLFRIEND WHO LOVES YOU AND HAS SUPPORTED YOU FROM DAY ONE!!!! WHY PICK A FAN WHO DIDN’T KNOW WHO YOU WERE AND MAYBE ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR LOOKS!!! THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND WHO YOU TELL THAT YOU LOVE!!!!!
5. How Gram didn’t tell Sterling that she was going to die. I don’t know about you but if my grandma knew she was going to die, I’d rather that she’d tell me so we could do everything we liked to do together and stuff she wanted to do before she died. It would dampen the mood a little bit but I’d want to know because sometimes if we love someone we don’t show it much and if we were to get into a fight or not say I love you one day and the next day they pass away, I’d feel horrible.
6. Sterling’s jealousy. I get that you don’t want a bunch of fangirls who only like his looks to be all over him but she should have understood that this happens to all celebs. There are people who think the person is cute or has a likeable personality and go all over the person but you have to understand that is normal. People can like a person and shouldn’t be judged for liking them. Note to Sterling: OMG CAN OTHER PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOUR BOYFRIEND?????? THERE ARE MARRIED CELBS WHO HAVE FANGIRlS ALL OVER THEM AND YES THEIR SPOUSE MIGHT CARE BUT YOU WERE OUT OF CONTROL “OH NO A GIRL WANTS TO TAKE A PICTURE OF MY BF!!! SHE MUST WANT TO TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME!!!” You overeact. So calm down and realize that other people like the same person but they AREN’T NESSCERILY TRYING TO STEAL YOUR MAN!!!!
Love at last word? Yes and no. It was better than some of the hatred it received but I still found it iffy. As you can see I have a lot more on the hated side of the arguement. I was 75/25 on this book (75% good, 25% bad). I would recommend it but I would be cautious and know what the person hates in a book before I recommend it to them.